9:11 PM

Don't say yes, but please don't say no

I can tell it's the end of the semester. My brain is fried, I'm procrastinating like none else, and I'm running around like the world is going to end tomorrow.

After the insane week that I had last week, this weekend was semi-relaxing and I actually have had a whole evening to myself tonight. This has been good and bad. It's good because I really don't get this kind of time and my body needs it badly. It's bad because it takes me an hour and a half to finish one homework assignment that should have taken me 20 minutes. Oh well. At least it's mostly done now (nope, couldn't even bring myself to completely finish it, that's how much I've been procrastinating).

I had my second gig of the semester today with a great guy who happens to be a great cellist. We played duos in an apartment that overlooked the whole bay and Bay Bridge and the day was perfect: clear views across the bay without a cloud in the sky. As we were leaving, we were both handed a tip and told that everything had been perfect. I'm not sure it could have gone any better. I got paid to do what I love and I enjoyed every minute of it (especially the free food and booze!! hehe)


The main reason why this weekend has been good is I've gotten to listen to a lot of old music that has calmed me down, one of which is the good ol' James Taylor CD. Oh, Nertz days when we had nothing better to do than play hours and hours of card games. I miss the lack of responsibility that I had in college, while at the same time I feel like so much more of a complete person now that I've had all these post-grad experiences.

I'm in a very contemplative mood. I had a very serious discussion with this cellist that brought back memories of Ross in a roundabout way...

3 comments:

Megan said...

awwwww... james and nertz on my floor... we so need a reunion of the hinton james crew sometime in the near future.

Tiffany said...

Wow...Ross. I think I might still have his screen name on my AIM (which I hardly even use any more!). Yes to the apartment warming, though it will probably be decorate heavily with cardboard boxes and devoid of a couch - the doors are open if it means catch up time with AMY!!

eamesian said...

JT is the *man*.