12:09 PM

Here's $5...

I was the recipient of a random act of kindness today. I'm still a little flustered, because it's never happened before and I'm astounded that people like this man exist.

I have been really tired this whole week and had to get up at 7 for a 9 am class this morning, only to find out later in the morning that I had forgotten my wallet and my lunch at home. This meant that I had to do the half hour commute home which would have been ironic and cruel seeing as I only got up to go to class. I was relating my tale to a friend standing nearby in the subway station, when a man came up to me, saying,'This is my random act of kindness. Here's $5, go get yourself some lunch,' and then got on his train.

I can see how this 'pay it forward' thing could get addictive or a part of your daily life. I felt grateful beyond words and it was just a tiny little thing, but it broke my bad mood instantly and made me want to go out and do that for someone else just so they could feel the same way.

Plus, my lunch was delicious.

I haven't blogged in forever because school is insane right now and I really don't have much free time. I took time out of my day today to write about this because it really meant a lot to me.

0 comments: