10:20 PM

Thanks giving (a few days early)

The past few days have been good, relaxing, and relatively stress-free, so I'm in a good mood.

Therefore, I propose a list of things that I'm thankful for since recently I've been moaning and groaning about the fact that I have no money, talent, time, etc.

I'm thankful for:

  • still having my car around. It has been really nice still driving to the grocery store and being able to be a good samaritan in general when people need a ride.
  • having a beautiful place to call home. Despite all the drama, I really do have a great room that is worth every penny I pay for it.
  • new friends to lean on and laugh with and old friends that are there to listen, anytime.
  • having my mom in the city off and on. It's so nice to have someone that loves you unconditionally nearby.
  • our neighbor that sporadically brings us cases of wine, for free.
  • two perfect jobs that are relatively fun and stress-free (compared to waitressing) and that are extremely flexible. I need to remember to not take that for granted.
  • having other relatives nearby to visit for holidays. There's something about being with family on important days that just gives you the same feeling as a really hot bath. Comfortable, relaxing, pampering, sometimes a little too heated, and if you stay too long you get wrinkly.
  • being at my dream school. In the day-to-day activities, that's the easiest one to forget, but I'm constantly reminded how short my time is in this program, which makes me more appreciative.
  • supportive parents that haven't ever given up on me and that back me up and buy me flannel sheets when my room is frigid like the North Pole.
  • having the independence to start all over in a new city, new state, and new school without a second thought.
  • the love for music that is as natural to me as breathing. When I think I lack in talent, I'm just comparing myself to others, which is never a good idea.
I'm sure the list could go on and on, but these are the biggies. I'll leave with a few photos, since they always spruce up my blog page anyway.

My roommate made carrot cake with cream cheese icing and I got to lick one of the beaters. Mmmmm

My roommate, Erica, on the Golden Gate Bridge. She's my heterosexual life mate, which is just a fancy way of saying that we completely understand each other. I'm grateful for her too.

0 comments: