7:14 PM

Free time? What's that?

So, I had a whole two days where I had a 6 hour break in the middle of the day to do basically nothing and I thoroughly enjoyed them. But I love being busy, so the fact that my weekend and next week are pretty booked has me excited.

I basically have told just about everyone I know that I've started training for a half-marathon, but I have no idea who reads this (does anyone?) so that's definitely one of the new things in my life that has me really excited. I plan on cross-training on Tuesdays and Fridays doing cycling and pilates, respectively, if anyone cares to join me. It'll be lots of fun. Also, if you know any fun long runs around Chapel Hill (in the 5 and 6 mile range) let me know.

I'm also starting to volunteer more since I have lots of time on the weekends, so tomorrow I get to play with kitties at the Animal Rescue Shelter!!! I'm so excited - sorry if you're a dog person (which most people are)- but I absolutely love cats, so I couldn't be happier.

Midterms seem to damper this excitement. Studying? Should I really have to study as a second-semester senior??? Unfortunately, I just can't slack off in school - it's not in my nature. Hence this semi-coherent entry as a result of 2 large cups of coffee and a late night study session (yes, 10:30 is late for me. I'm such an old lady).
Incidentally, I found out that I got an 88 on my Geography exam instead of a 70, so that was a wonderful surprise.

0 comments: