3:24 PM

At the drop of a hat

There are many disadvantages to being a girl, and there are also many advantages. I usually love the advantages - getting guys to carry heavy things, having doors opened for me, etc.

Today I disliked being a girl because I got into an argument with my boss and instead of calmly stating my case, I was so frustrated that I burst into tears. Tears usually help situations if you're trying to get your way, but in this case, I was still trying to reason and to look like a semi-professional which is really hard to do when your voice fluctuates between three octaves every other word. Oh well, everything was resolved, but I still hated my body for acting that way.

Some people look cute when they cry, but not me. When mixed with frustration, I get splotchy, my mouth makes weird shapes, and the fact that I can't talk normally makes me more frustrated which makes me cry harder.


And now for something completely unrelated: Yesterday I volunteered outside of the windows at Macy's that the SPCA rents for the holiday season. In separate windows are the world's cutest kittens and puppies and my job for 2 hours was to look at the kittens and hold a box that people could drop money into. Who that loves cats wouldn't do that at least once a season? They were so precious and after my shift was over I got to hold one of the kittens that was 2 months old. I zipped him up in my jacket so that only his head was poking out and he settled right down and became a purring machine. cuuuute.

I have internet and TV again. The world is okay, even if I do look like a stupid emotional girl once in a while.

1 comments:

Christa said...

emotional does not equal stupid. Crying got me on an airplane home when I forgot my driver's license. But I know what you mean. Glad you are back online.