9:44 PM

Tipsy blogging

I just got back from a fantastic dinner with my flute teacher from last year and most of the people that I graduated with in May. We went to an amazing restaurant in a random section of San Francisco and had a blast. We spent 3 hours at dinner, drinking wine, slowly eating our food, and talking about everything imaginable. It's meals like those that really make me appreciate how the Europeans do it.

My teacher, Tim, has made an unspoken deal with his former students that they can either pay him his normal rate for lessons, or they can buy him a really REALLY nice bottle of wine that they paid at least $90 for. I in turn proposed a plan in which I bought two slightly lesser bottles of wine (only $50 each) for the entire table and we had a fabulous meal and I will get a lesson in two days for (kinda) free. I think I got the better end of that, but what are former teachers for?

Despite the uncertainty of the future and the lack of money, I still love my profession and the people in it. Music is truly where I'm supposed to be. It's a good feeling to have.

Deep thoughts by Tipsy Amy.

1 comments:

Christa said...

How wise you are, Tipsy Amy