11:24 PM

First week

This first real week of school and work is kicking my butt.

Tomorrow I'm gone from 9-6, which really isn't that bad. I think it's the fighting for practice rooms and the severe lack of them that gets the most frustrating. When I want to practice, there aren't any rooms available and I have such precious free time that I don't want to spend it waiting around.

Thursday I'm getting up at 7 am to get to school at 9 so I can practice for an hour before my 8 hour shift at work and then come back to school from 7-10 pm for a training session. That's going to be the killer day.

On top of work, work at school, ensembles, class, and homework, I'm trying to be social too. I'm organizing a potluck at my house on the one day that I have off of everything. I'm also planning on going to church and out to brunch with another friend that day, so I'm loading up my calendar. What would a day be without a rigid plan for every hour??

3 comments:

Megan said...

enjoy it... free time isn't all that great when you have an unlimited amount.

Megan said...

dear amy,
christa and i have decided that it was unfair and unkind to knowingly tempt us into a game that we're going to lose. we think the time you spend playing scrable on facebook would be better used if you blogged more frequently.

love, megan and christa

Megan said...

oh, and it's your turn.