9:27 PM

TV addictions

Well, it's a sad sad week. I will be missing every single one of the TV shows that I normally watch. And since I have no DVR (I miss Katherine's amazing television) and no other way to record, I will not get to see the season premiere of Gilmore Girls, one of the final episodes of Project Runway, or the second episode of Grey's Anatomy. I know, life is tough.

Fortunately, I have the knowledge that in about a year I can go out and rent DVDs of the entire season of whatever it is and watch them without commercials or interruptions.

It's really not the end of the world, especially since I will be at work and earning the moolah.

I have a bone to pick with myself: I think and write about money way too much. Truth time? It's basically how I was raised because we've never been rolling in the dough and although there's always been cushion, it's never been comfortable. Plus my mom is an accountant and has taught me to be very careful about how and when I spend money. Add to this the fact that I am trying to be completely independent from my parents and you get me always thinking about how much something costs or what I'm going to be saving up for or what I would really love to buy but probably can't right now. And then I go out to dinner with one of my friends and it's all good.

I think I could not go shopping for months (in fact I haven't), but if I was never able to go out to dinner or get a smoothie once in a while, I would go crazy. I love spending money on food more than just about anything else. Okay, money talk over.

Well the housing search continues and I found a really great place last night, but I still haven't heard from them even though they said they would let me know today. It's just so frustrating to go meet people that you might be living with for the next 9 months and then find out that they picked someone else. It feels like a waste of time, but you never know when it's really the people that you will be living with. I guess it's sorta like meeting someone for the first time that ends up being your best friend. You have to meet all those people and form the first bits of a relationship even without knowing if you'll get to know each other so much better in the next few years.

Jonathan and I were talking about how we miss the friends we made at Carolina and how it seems like no one else where we've moved to is of the same caliber. But then I realized that that's how freshman year felt like. In fact, I didn't start meeting my very best friends until the end of freshman year. So it takes a while, and for me it's frustrating because I might not even be here next year. I might be in a completely different state and having to start the whole process all over again.

At the same time, I like that I'm meeting all these different people and am able to start fresh while being able to keep those old friendships going through phone calls and blogs ;) I just wish I could have both at the same time.

1 comments:

Christa said...

yeah, you will never find anyone to replace me ;) hope you hear about housing soon!