8:05 AM

No Target? No Problem!

Well, at least for Christmas shopping.

I have very consistently bemoaned the fact that there is neither a Target or a Wal-Mart in Santa Barbara. The former has really good gifts for cheap and the latter has all your household needs for cheap. However, I discovered that this is a substitute for cheap gifts when wanting to go to a one-stop store.

I was planning on getting a few presents for people yesterday and ended up nearly completing my list for this year all at: Borders. We all know how amazing Borders is and I believe that both Megan and Christa worked there (or did you work at Barnes and Noble, Megan?), but I never thought that I could get everything for everyone in one go and for quite a good deal too.

So now I have this recording for Rice to worry about and a lesson down in LA, two big obstacles that stand in the way of me and North Carolina. I'm so excited to go home, I can't even say. I miss Charlotte, I miss my home, I miss winter, and I miss having real friends that I can call up anytime that want to see me.

I hung out with my co-workers last night and I realized that they're really not my friends. Sure, we get along, but I don't feel like I'm contributing anything significant to the group. And the thing is that I'm not that torn up about it - I know that they're not the kind of people that I want to really be friends with anyway. So why do I continue to hang out with them? I guess because most of them don't have school to worry about, which my actual real friends in Santa Barbara do. So the people that I should spend quality time with I see maybe once every couple weeks, and the ones that I shouldn't I stay out late with and wake up in the morning wondering why I didn't just stay home. My problem is that I'm such a social person that I have no will power to just go straight home from work.

I have a major recording session tonight with my accompanist! Aack! I'm going to need a nap before then...

0 comments: