11:29 PM

Happy New Year (almost)!

I know that I will be far too tired tomorrow night to even bother to post anything, so this will be my last entry of the year 2006. It's been quite a while since I've written and I feel like so much has happened. I hope I can put it into bullets.

- my first audition is 4 weeks away. I feel like I have so much work to do to get ready for it, and yet I feel so much more prepared than I've ever felt.
- I really don't want to be working tomorrow since I desperately want to be in Charlotte or anywhere fun, but I'm consoled by the fact that the staff will most likely be just as tipsy as our customers come midnight.
- Santa Barbara is lonely since most people don't have school for another week or so and none of my roommates are back and certain boys haven't been in the same town as me for about 3 weeks now. We're gonna have to start all over again. Well, fitting for a new year I guess.


None of this is really expressing how I feel right now and I'm not sure why. I think mainly my mind is still back in North Carolina even though I fell very succinctly back into my routine here. It's like I got a taste of what life could be like if I was in familiar surroundings with the people that I love (college, anyone?) and I want to hold onto it even though I'm so proud of myself for what I've established in California. It makes me wonder if I wouldn't have just been better off just being home for like 3 days and not being able to see anyone but my family. But that's just silliness :)
I'm trying to tell myself that it's 11:30 at night and not 2:30 am like my body wants to believe. At least I had one day to get used to the time change before working an 11 hour shift. Sheesh.

I already have resolutions, but they're things that will aid me in preparation for the next two months of craziness. Just being more disciplined about my time, basically. I did really well today and didn't have any down time that wasn't well spent except for tonight when I got back from work and that is totally allowed chill out time. I went to the gym, the grocery store, unpacked, put Spanish labels on everything in the house, practiced, showered, cooked lunch and dinner, and still got to work by 4:30. I'm so awesome. haha.

Please call me tomorrow night. I have a feeling I'm going to be bored out of my mind. What 3 people handled tonight will be 10 people with the same amount of customers tomorrow night. I like to feel loved ;)

0 comments: