9:53 PM

And you know wherever I am, I'll come running

Listening to James Taylor is probably the only comforting thing right now. I'm really feeling the distance between me and anyone that I really care about. Today was a day that I just needed to hang out with someone one-on-one and do nothing. Probably not even talk, and if that was necessary, it would need to be nonsense stuff.

I went to work, yoga, and then out to dinner with my friend Hilary and some of her friends. I have nothing in common with them and felt more alone as a result. Then I got home and my roommates are either gone or in foul moods. I could have just used some chill out time.

For some reason, I'm pushing my parents away, probably because I think I'm a big girl and can handle tough stuff, but all I really want to do is be home or have a close friend nearby.

I found out from UT-Austin today and didn't get in. It was the nicest rejection that I've ever gotten and the teacher wrote me a personal note and she sounded genuinely sorry that she didn't accept me, but it doesn't change the fact.

I need to snap out of this because I think I'm letting myself get sucked into some sort of 'people should feel sorry for me' depression when I just need to be celebrating life. The grad school thing doesn't help though.

The bright part of the day was that I got a very late Christmas present (ahem, Megan) from my mom's friend - a gift certificate to Borders!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to spend hours browsing in there and Ann Taylor, to 'get to know my merchandise' aka go shopping.

0 comments: