8:14 AM

the LOFT

I am the newest employee at our local Ann Taylor LOFT.

When I was thinking about a second job, I realized that there was no way I hated myself enough to get a second waitressing position and couldn't think of anything that would be flexible enough to fit with my current restaurant job. And then, eureka! Why not work at a store that I'm already a walking bulletin board for and get paid to shop there for quite the discount?!

Honestly, nothing can be worse than Williams-Sonoma retail. There I had to know every tiny detail about every single product. I think I could do a much better job there now that I've been living on my own for a while... I'm really appreciative of nice pots and pans (or the lack thereof).

Plus, as I told my new manager (who happens to be one year older than I), I love to sort. I feel like working in a clothing store is just that - making sure stuff goes back where it started and putting stuff on racks that go together. It can't be that hard, can it?

I guess I'll find out.

0 comments: