7:50 PM

Getting caught up

wow. it's been way too long since I last posted. there's no way that I can cover everything that has occured in the past week. I'll see if I can use bullet points...

  • saw the fam in San Francisco, had an amazing Indian celebration dinner, had a good audition, would be totally psyched to go there.
  • saw Jennifer Smith in Rochester, met the boyfriend, I give approval.
  • Eastman audition - eh. I won't be surprised if I get a rejection letter. Honestly, there's probably only one opening and the teacher didn't seem that thrilled by my playing.
  • saw snow for the first time this winter! it even snowed when I was there, which was fun.
  • plane trips were fairly uneventful until yesterday and then I had a huge baggage fiasco which I don't care to go into in detail. Let's just say that USAirways got quite a lengthy complaint email from me.
  • drove up from LA this morning just in time to see UNC crush Duke for one of the last (or the last) games of the regular season. I've never actually joined a tournament pool before and am curious to see how I will do on Facebook.
  • i have an interview tomorrow for my potential second job. I really don't see any reason why they wouldn't hire me.
  • it's good to be home - I'm looking forward to having somewhat of a normal schedule this week.
  • I'm starting yoga and a much healthier eating regiment, as well as adding more exercise in general. To prepare myself for the day not too long in the future when I will be without a car, I'm going to walk to as many places as possible, including work whenever I know that I'll be returning in the daylight.
  • A pipe broke in our house the day I left a week ago. It's just getting fixed tomorrow and I will have no water the whole day. *sigh* I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those 'you don't know what you have til it's gone' moments.
  • It's March! This time next month I will be making graduate school decisions (and/or life decisions) ............. I still think worst-case scenarios and won't believe I have somewhere to go next year until I hold the letter in my hand.
Well, that's pretty much all that's been going around in my head for the past few days. I've been a mess what with mental evaluations of all of my auditions, trying to think about what music I want to play next, what the next few months hold for me, and getting back into the swing of things here.

Note to self: A large cup of coffee on an empty stomach when not used to caffeine is deadly. I've been feeling awful most of the day.

0 comments: