10:51 PM

So I have been wrestling with the decision of what to do next year if I don't get into any grad schools and finally felt like I made the right one.

I had made the choice yesterday and told my teacher today that I want to stay in Santa Barbara and go to UCSB if I get all rejections. Well, that's when she told me that I would get a full ride plus a stipend. Hello?!!??!! This is a win-win situation.

Stipend= getting paid to go to school. How ridiculously awesome is that?

I felt so great before I even told her and I felt a million times better than that after our talk. Santa Barbara and I have made peace with each other. As much as it's a small town, I can deal with that because of all the other great opportunities I would have. So basically, I'm excited about the next two years no matter what. What a relief.

Too bad I have my car to worry about now. I banged it up in November and now the owners are coming back April 1st and are freaked out about the damage. So I have to go hunt up some body shops and get some estimates on getting it fixed. Being in California basically means automatically upping the price because of the cost of living. So an oil change turns into a full check-up, etc. I'm not too happy about it, but it is my fault that I backed into a security gate. Don't laugh, it's actually a very reasonable story. And I was helping my roommates move something heavy! Good intentions, right?!?

I got a second job to start saving money, but for some reason that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

As an aside, my competitiveness is getting a full workout. This whole basketball bracket thing is consuming me. And I was about to pick Duke as losing, too!! Gr, I had to have some faith in them to get past the first round, but noooo. I think I couldn't care less about all the other teams besides UNC if I didn't have a bracket set up.

0 comments: