7:12 PM

Good ol' Chuck

Well, I caved. I'm working for Williams-Sonoma again, even though I tried my best to not get sucked in. I guess that was my will getting in the way, because I'm actually really thrilled now to have the job that I do.

Basically, I was hired and given a high starting pay simply because I have so much experience and I would never have been given that privilege had I tried at some other retail place. Not to mention the fact that the store I'm working in is 4 stories tall, has a full time maid, chef, and shipping/running staff so that the sales people are really only just sales people. It's so nice to make other people do all the work. :) Because this particular store is in the heart of the San Francisco downtown shopping area (known as Union Square), they are the representative for all Williams-Sonomas in the country. So everything is done really right and there is a high standard of knowledge to be on the team. I feel like I'm back at school with all the studying I've been doing already.

Let's not forget to add that the chefs always have leftovers from their demonstrations, so I basically get to have professionally prepared food every time I work, which will be 40 hours/week for a while, and there are some very cute boys that work there that may very possibly not be gay. I think I'm going to have fun! If they are gay, I'll have eye candy and a girl friend. Sweet!

Housing is not going quite as well, but I've given up until my roommate gets here. I just don't have the energy between work and practicing and have already put so much time and effort into it without anything really to show for it. I'm content to just sit back for a week and work my butt off to save up some money for that first month's rent. (Ridiculous how expensive it gets here).

Some unforseen recent happy events:

  • I got yet another tax return in the mail that I had no idea was coming. I love those.
  • One of the ladies at work has just bought HP7 and I get to read it after her.
  • A cute ambiguous guy at WS speaks French and we spoke for a little. Hottttt!
  • My friend, Amity, might come visit me in a couple of weeks.
  • I discovered a really good coffee shop near the conservatory.
I have a day off tomorrow before the insane week begins. But I'll be busy, which means I'll be a whole lot happier than I have been recently.

1 comments:

Megan said...

i caved and bought HP7.

i suggest not waiting.