4:07 PM

The big world out there

So I told myself that I wouldn't think about the next few months and year beyond that until I graduated.

And now I've graduated... and I still don't want to be responsible...

Basically, I just want to move out to California and have someone already have figured out where I'm going to live and what job I'm going to have. I mean, isn't everything always handed to you on a platter? NO??? hmm...

Perhaps I repeat myself, but just to set the record straight, I am thrilled to be a graduate. Our graduation day couldn't have been more perfect and the music department ceremony filled in the holes of the big commencement (a good speech, getting my name called, seeing all my friends). But when I said goodbye to everyone, it seemed right, like it was just time.

Today I spent a good 2 hours looking on Craig's List for a room or apartment to rent in Santa Barbara and the prices are everything from reasonable ($400) to normal California prices ($800-$1100/month). I also called a temp agency and felt about 10 years old when I asked what I should do to get a job for the month of June. So I'm jumping right into my responsibilities as an almost-adult (ONE WEEK TIL I'M 21!!!!!), but I'm not thrilled about it. I wish the perfect job could just be handed to me, but something tells me it's not gonna work that way. *sigh*

On another note, I'm really proud of my dad. His hard work on his art has finally paid off and a museum is going to show some of his pieces. If you like or appreciate modern art, you should visit his website: www.paulsedan.com

0 comments: