9:06 AM

Getting a job...

is not easy. I thought it would be. But I guess since I'm only here for a month and have fairly specific requirements for the type of job, it's not surprising that I don't have anything yet. It's just really frustrating because I love being busy and I have this incredible future that is so close I can taste it, but just not quite there and I have to sit on my butt for a month instead. It's also frustrating because I think how much money I could be making if I was only working at this moment and how much I'm going to need it as soon as I get to Santa Barbara...
Well the encouraging thing is that Christa's mom told me that she used to live there and she said that getting a bike is the best thing to do. (I have no money to buy a car yet) And that you can put your bike right on the bus, which is even better! I will be in such good shape once I get out there.
So all I can do is think about California (can you tell? I sorta have a one-track mind) and sit in my house doing piddly things like emptying the dishwasher and re-vamping my shoes to turn them into fairly comfortable dancing shoes.
Ooh which leads me to ... I have a date! Well, I'm not banking much on it because it's the same guy that I went out with over Christmas, the French guy named Marc. He's not exactly reliable, but after Christa, Jon, and Danny and I went dancing last weekend I called him up b/c he's a fabulous dancer and teaches at the place we went to and all that jazz. So we're supposed to go dancing on Thursday but who really knows if that will happen or not. But still an exciting prospect to go dancing w/ someone that really knows how but that will be patient with my lack of skills.
I think this week also sucks because Christa just left for Prague and Jon's not back yet from his travels so I have no one to hang out with. Which is totally not true at all - in fact I have a list of people that I need to call this week, but it just seems that way because they're not people I hang out with all the time. Hmm okay out of my interview clothes and on to the many household chores that await me. Joy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»