6:59 PM

Ye Old Memories

I have thoroughly enjoyed spending as much time as possible with my family these past two days. It's strange - normally I can't wait to get away to have fun times with my friends, but it just hasn't seemed that important recently.

My uncle, aunt, cousin, and I had breakfast at the Ye Old Waffle Shop this morning (way better than Waffle House cheeseburgers that we had had the night before) and I recognized a guy working there. Apparently when my uncle went to go pay this guy, Dave, asked if he was in town for graduation. My uncle replied that yes, he was. So Dave continues to explain that he and I went out on a group date about three years ago.

#1. That's a LIE. We had a very awkward Valentine's Day date ALONE in which he was sure he was going to get into my pants, but I'm sure that's not something you want to tell someone that is obviously a relative.
#2. Why the heck would he even bring that up? I could see him telling a fellow waiter/waitress, but my uncle??

Anyway, it was quite random and oddly enough, even though he felt quite comfortable telling my uncle that he remembered me, he decided to pretend like he didn't even notice me when I looked his way. hahahaha - oh freshman year.

0 comments: