4:59 PM

The end of my relaxing summer

Well, I tried to enjoy the days that I had nothing to do, but they drove me crazy. I guess maybe I just like to complain, because now I'm so busy that I'm getting really stressed out.

I think the real problem is that things don't really hit me until they're almost upon me so then I get stressed out in short spans of time. This time I'm looking at two weeks of hell followed by a 6 hour plane ride and then 3 more weeks of insanity.

I am working right now from 8 to 10 hours every day until the day I leave except for next Monday and Tuesday. Not only is this long hours, but it is hard labor and not a lot of rest time. Let's add to the mix the fact that I have no time to practice, no time to work out, and no time to pack for leaving my house and moving to Santa Barbara as well as getting rid of all the stuff in my room that we can't move to San Fransisco.

I'm also getting really sick of explaining to everyone and their mother about why I'm going to Santa Barbara, why my family is moving to San Fransisco, exactly how many days left I have in Charlotte, and what I plan to do with my life. I feel like a broken record and wish that I had a tape player that could answer the same questions over and over.

I will say that I'm putting the fact that I'm 21 to good use. 8- and 10- hour workdays call for a nice glass of wine at the end of them and today I bought 2 wine glasses and a bottle of merlot all for myself for the rest of this week. Hurrah!

Oh and Megan, I read the book "The Mermaid Chair" by the same author as "The Secret Life of Bees". I highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

That's all - I'm off to go relax some more because I totally deserve it today.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Did you like the main character?? Because about 100 pages in I wanted to strangle her and had to stop reading.