10:06 AM

West Coast family

Well apparently my previous blog didn't post, so we'll try it again.

Okay so for the big news: my family is moving to California! nononono, Amy, you say. YOU'RE the one moving to California. And I would say, you're wrong again because my parents are moving there too (copycats). My mom got this great job that is perfect for her in San Fransisco and so they're moving out asap.

So the pressure is off of me to marry a "surfer dude" as my dad calls him because that was the only reason he thought he would get a chance to move out west.

I'm really excited for my parents and I think it came at the best time possible with me all graduated and looking for adventure and not really being tied down anywhere. Most of my close friends are gonna be strewn about the US next year anyway, so it's not like I'm missing out and we're growing up and moving places. Of course, I am on the opposite side of the continent which makes travelling to see people difficult, but oh well. Now our whole family will be in California including my relatives in Santa Monica - we're just lined up along the coast like little ducklings. Or something.

Aunt and uncle in Santa Monica, me in Santa Barbara, and my parents in San Fransisco. It's one big party.

There are some down sides: I'm only going to be a resident of North Carolina for three more weeks. I have to clean up my room like I've never done before and start getting rid of the memories, trinkets, and junk that have accumulated in my room since 4th grade. I will be working my butt off at Williams-Sonoma (80 hours the last week I'm here! No, that's not a typo) and won't have much time to pack. Our house will be a wreck b/c my parents have a list a mile long of stuff to do to make it ready to sell. Well, the list keeps going. But it's still exciting....

So, yeah my life is no longer boring - haha.

0 comments: