7:34 PM

Thoughts on salespeople

I just got back from a "meeting" with a Mary Kay consultant (aka my friend, Shivhan) and her regional manager. They tried so desperately to get me to join 'the team.' While I want to make extra money, here are the reasons why I just can't right now:

- I am living from paycheck to paycheck - I just don't have an extra $100 just lying around.
- I'm not a gambler. I can't put down $100 and hope that I'm going to get it back in the first couple sales that I make.
- I have some incredibly important auditions coming up. Like, they're sort of deciding the rest of my life. Gulp.
- Practicing, travelling, getting in shape, and working are consuming all of my time right now.

Okay. So I have this whole schpiel ready to give to them when I meet for coffee. Here's why I'll probably be a new consultant come March:

- I don't sell stuff unless I believe in it, and I really really like their products. They last a long time and they work. Enough said.
- I'm a pretty good sales person, when it comes down to it, but only if I believe in the products.
- I have a good network of girl friends and older professional women that I come into contact with every day. Plus I have the lovely people that read my blog that just might want to buy some makeup ;)
- I'm moving to a new city (hopefully) next fall and it would be a great way to meet new people.
- Those darn ladies are so persuasive.

No, but seriously, they're persuasive because they really believe in it and because they get a commission off of everything that I sell. Haha. And I'm going to have so much free time after my auditions that I'm not going to know what to do with myself. Why not make some extra money? So keep a look out for a new Mary Kay seller in a couple months :)

I'm going to go watch Little Miss Sunshine now (if Blockbuster has it) - I'm stoked since I've heard it's really good and I haven't had a chance to see it until now.

0 comments: