5:25 PM

The costume dilemma

Every year, I ask myself, 'Will I dress up?'

As the years progress, the older I get and the less I want to dress up. I don't know whether it's a lack of creativity or a very strong aversion to the many many girls that become sluts on this one hallowed eve. I have a problem with slutty-anything-Disney. Like Snow White, Cinderella, or even Dorothy. It's just wrong.

Sorry, I'm off my rant for now. So I decided that this was the year I was going to stop. I didn't want to participate in the Del Playa Rd. drunken walk that is identical to Franklin St. except a bigger (?) deal apparently. So I didn't see any need to get all creative and costumed up. Until I met my roommate, Courtney. And then that all changed.

So now I'm going as Mrs. Jiminy Cricket (a variation of the grasshopper that I was going to be, but with a top hat and a short black jacket) and she's going as a ladybug. I think the fact that I got to dress all in green and make my own wings and still be cute is what roped me in. I still feel like I'm being more adult about it because we're having a potluck dinner here before going downtown and seeing all the hooplah. It should actually be a lot of fun.

Besides all the Halloween stuff, there's a lot else going on, hence the not writing a lot. I just fill my days with working out, errands, work, and hanging out with my roommates. It's not an exciting life, but I really love it right now.

I would also like to add that today is October 26th and it was a toasty 76 today. I love California. Eat your heart out, those who have cold weather and snow. The only thing that saddens me is that I might not be able to use my very cool fireplace.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah - instead of dressing up i'm staying home and handing out candy to all the neighborhood kids. how domestic am i?