4:03 PM

Crazy week/blessed day

It is now Thursday. For the past 3 days, I've been running around like crazy because:

-On Tuesday, I found out that there was someone that wanted to live here (in the downstairs portion) and needed a 4th roommate. So we hustled to get all the paperwork done.
- On Wednesday, I had to get a check to my landlady, go to my yoga class, and go to work.
- Today I went to the gym, did laundry, went grocery shopping, mailed some letters, and on the way home found free furniture. Talk about excellent timing!

The day that I find out that I have permanent housing for the rest of my stay in Santa Barbara and that I need to furnish my own room, I find a free bookshelf, dresser, and futon chair all in great condition. Whew! Plus, I've been on the phone with someone just about every hour today b/c it's one of my phone's good days. (I swear there' s a cycle...)
Oh, and every time that I needed help lifting something, either the owner of the furniture was there, or a workman at my house, or the trash man helped. That's right - the SB trash man helped me get my chair into my car. Not to mention the fact that if I didn't have my car (a Chevy Blazer) I wouldn't have been able to move any of that stuff!

So tonight I'm going to enjoy the fact that I have lots of good food in the house, then go to an Irish pub to hear one of my friends play in an Irish band, then watch Grey's Anatomy with some cool people. I'm so blessed.

0 comments: