10:21 PM

Why i don't have a roommate

While these past 5 days have been fun because they've been full of activity, I haven't had a whole lot of time to just sit around. I know, I know, if I'm not complaining about not having enough to do, I'm complaining about being too busy. There's just no pleasing me.

Today was the day that everyone moved in and it's been a lot of fun so far. I was working, then meeting someone for coffee, so I didn't even get back until 6 and then I hung out with my new roommates! They're super cool and very chill and fun to just talk to. But by 10, I was needing my own space. Since I haven't gotten my bed yet (it's coming thursday), I'm still staying in the guest room, but it's my own room that I can go to and shut my door.

It's the best of both worlds - you have your own room, your own space (and quite a large one, I might add. I really want to take pictures soon), but you can mingle with your friends whenever you want. I know most people have already experienced the apartment thing, but I really haven't yet, so it's an exciting time for me. One of my roommates, Courtney, has brought everything she owns and has filled our kitchen and has a membership to Costco - so we can go grocery shopping together! Sweet!

But I'm exhausted and I really like my alone time. So I'm going to bed early and then I'm going to get up, go to my cycling class, go shopping for my new room, and then go to work. Another busy day, but I think with my new roommates I will never really be bored with lots of down time. Which is actually a really good thing.

I'm really excited about the next 7 months!!! I think I have 3 new friends that will do lots of stuff with me, finally.

0 comments: