4:50 PM

Lots of firsts

I went to a gay bar last night.

Man, I really never thought that would happen, but it did and it was completely unintentional. And I have to say, it was a whole lot of fun. I think it's because you can go there and know that you're not going to have to dance with some sweaty Mexican or disgustingly drunk frat boy. I went with some of my co-workers, one of whom is gay and a sweetheart and we had the best time.

I think it surprised my co-workers to see me let loose. I'm apparently really uptight in situations where I feel like I have to prove myself, mostly work and school. I let my hair down last night and the shock of the guys I was with was equivalent to that of my fellow study abroad students when I showed up drunk (off of champagne) to class after we won the basketball championship. They just don't see it coming.

Also today was the first time that I've ever signed a lease to rent a place of dwelling. I'm a real adult now! And can I say it was just the tiniest bit stressful. There are ten zillion rules and things that you're responsible for and it was a little overwhelming, especially since out of my four roommates, I'm the one that has committed to staying the longest.

Oops, gotta go. Wow, I just got 3 calls in the span of a minute. No joke.

0 comments: