4:25 PM

Amazing day

There are two reasons why today was amazing:

1. I got a job!!!!
I'm working at a restaurant called Nu (literally translated in French it means Naked) and it's basically amazing. Here's the link if you want to go look at their website - it's worth it, I promise.
www.restaurantnu.com
So to make what I want to, I only need to work 3 or 4 shifts a week and the manager was cool with the fact that I want to work mostly nights and want specific days off. They only hired 2 other new people and I was one of them!! The uniform is hot (as in really warm), but it looks professional and I even have to wear a tie. I start training next week and have a steady job for the rest of the year but it appears like its not going to wear me out too much. I couldn't have asked for a better place to work at.

2. My teacher here said she would take me as a grad student next year.
Now given, staying at UCSB would be my backup position, but I have a definite place that I can go to grad school and an awesome teacher to work with. After only 3 weeks, she told me that she would accept me in a heartbeat.

Things are really looking up. The only things that bothers me right now is transportation and I need to find a place to stay by September, but it shouldn't be that hard since new things go up on Craig's List every day. *big sigh of relief* Now I feel like I totally deserve all that makeup I bought yesterday. hehe.

0 comments: