10:30 AM

I love my apartment

The joys of having your own apartment are neverending. I thought that I would like having my own place, but nothing prepared me for the excitement of cooking in my own kitchen and going shopping for groceries on a lovely small budget. There's just something so thrilling in buying produce and knowing that it will turn into a delicious, filling, and somewhat-gourmet meal sometime down the road.

It also is a sort of game to me to see how much I can get at this cool organic store called Trader Joe's (we NEED them in NC - they're pretty much amazing) for much less than I would, say, at Harris Teeter. I'm addicted, what can I say. My new favorite cereal is called Puffins and it's this cinnamon goodness in a tiny corn square that is full of fiber and other good stuff for you and you only need a tiny bowl but the box only costs $3.50 and it gets you through a week and a half. That's what I call a bargain. Katherine, I don't know if you read this, but you should be excited that I eat from a box that has a large puffin on the front of it.

I'm also addicted to trail mix called Sweet, Salty and Tart and it has peanuts, chocolate chips, dried cranberries, yellow raisins, white chocolate chips, almonds, peanut butter chips, and peanuts with a sweet coating. Ohmygoodness its delicious. Needless to say, I have gained some of my weight back and need to go running like nobody's business.

The biggest thing on my mind right now is the fact that I do not have a job or any prospective of one in the near future. So that's my project for the next few weeks or until I get one. There are so many qualifications and so many more qualifications for where I get an apartment starting in September and the fact that I don't have a car complicates things so much. Ah, cruel irony when I thought that selling Peach, my Toyota, was a good idea.

Interestingly enough, my aunt (the one I thought wasn't too religious) was talking to me yesterday and told me to pray about the situation and that she has noticed that things always work out for the best for me. It's all true and my conversation with her made me that much happier that I have family close by that awaits my beck and call.

Or is it beckon call? I never have figured that out...

Yay! It looks like the sun is coming out. It's been sorta foggy for the past three days.

0 comments: