4:42 PM

Day off

Today was a day off of multiple things. I didn't have to work, which meant I could sleep in without any worry of being able to get stuff done before I have to take the bus. I also dropped my flute off yesterday to get its yearly cleaning and checkup and so I have the day off from practicing!

It's nice to not have a teacher around, but I get to a certain point after about 2 weeks when I need the motivation (either in good or bad comments) to keep me going. So I'm not sure how this whole not seeing her for a month thing is going to go. Especially since I'm supposed to have a very important lesson in LA in a month without any guidance from here on out.

Things are still going well - I've been thrown in viciously to the restaurant work since we got slammed last night and it was only me and the girl I'm supposed to be shadowing. So I basically did half of the work and got none of the tips. Ah, training. I also have a car starting in September, but it's really the month of August that I need it to commute to and from work - well, I'm not complaining.

I'm waiting for the right person *ahem* to take to my restaurant on a night off because I'm dying to have dinner there and I get 50% off.

With a car, going out with my roommates, and working downtown, I feel like I'm really starting to get to know the little nooks and crannies of this place and all the cool places to be. My roommate Amanda and I are planning on heading downtown for happy hour today and I'm really excited. There are some really nice places that have incredibly cheap happy hours and fun specials. Plus, it's a bonding opportunity complete with shopping and drinks. Who could ask for a better Friday afternoon?

0 comments: