12:57 PM

Exciting things

Well, I have internet now, which is super exciting. I think it sorta comes and goes until I can get an ethernet cable, but something is better than nothing. Now I really don't have to leave my apartment except to practice! Oh, and grocery shop. And maybe go to the beach.

Speaking of which, I may have found my surfer dude to teach me to surf. This guy Martin is a chemistry grad student (originally from Germany) and surfs and is super cute and has agreed to teach me. Now I just have to buy a wet suit and commit. Woohoo!

I met a bunch of new people last night at a bonfire that a flute grad student threw and it was a lot of fun. We made kabobs with amazing fresh California produce (I don't think I'll ever get over how great the food is here) and s'mores of course with a heavy dose of good beer to go along. I'm not sure you can drink anything else when you're on the beach - it just doesn't seem right. Everyone brought guitars and sang and just messed around and it was perfect. I even made my solo debut as a congo drummer!!

Now I'm in my apartment and I'm seriously considering giving myself the day off since I've been running around like crazy all week. I think it's a good catchup day with a good amount of reading and movie watching inbetween. I deserve it, right??

0 comments: