12:01 PM

See saw

My mom just informed me last night that they're not moving to San Fransisco. I'm such an emotional wreck that I was actually upset. I had just gotten used to the idea that we were all uprooting ourselves and getting a fresh start and I was really looking forward to exploring a new city. I guess just the fact that I've been having a blast in California and it's only been a month means that I really love it here and I wanted my parents to have a similar experience.

So now I have to deal with the fact that I won't get to visit them as much as I was planning, that I will have to fly out to the east coast several times, and that I will have to decide between seeing my family during Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm sure there are good things about this as well, number one being that I still get to see some dear friends currently residing in North Carolina. Secondly, I don't have to say goodbye to the place that I've grown up in and that feels so comfortable.

I just really thought it was time to move on and it felt right, but I'm not the one that really has to live there, so I just have to be supportive to my parents in whatever decision they think is right...

0 comments: